Attention CPQCC Participants!
Please email us at email@example.com if you have any questions or need assistance. Thank you.
The CPQCC Data Center works closely with the CPQCC Executive Committee, the Perinatal Quality Improvement Panel (PQIP), the Vermont Oxford Network (VON), the California Perinatal Transport System (CPeTS), and the California Children's Services (CCS) in developing and maintaining the CPQCC Network Database as a perinatal tool for quality improvement. We are also guided by the valuable recommendations from our Data Center Advisory Group and our dedicated Data Contacts.
We are committed to providing the best technical support to our members and developing initiatives to improve the quality of our data collection processes. In the beginning of each data collection year, we work closely with the Regional Perinatal Programs of California (RPPC) to provide on-site Data Trainings throughout the State. Our goal is to provide our members with the best tools
and resources to collect, submit, validate, analyze and report data.
For immediate assistance, please send as an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 650.721.1844.
- Our membership has doubled since 2004 when CCS mandated all CCS-approved NICUs to submit data through CPQCC. We now include 129 member hospitals, including 100% of all CCS-approved Intermediate, Community and Regional level NICUs, representing over 90% of all neonates cared for in California NICUs,
- In 2004, we also prepared the first merged data set All-California, Rapid-Cycle Maternal/Infant Database.
- In 2005, we streamlined the data collection process by merging the Small Baby dataset (Very Low Birth Weight database) with the Big Baby dataset (Severe Acuity database) into one All Baby dataset.
- In 2005, we released www.cpqccreport.org, a web-based data reporting system that provided our membership access to their CPQCC Annual Report.
- In 2006, we released www.cpqccdata.org, a web-based data management system to our membership. This also allowed the Data Center to finalize both datasets at the same time.
- In 2006, we also initiated our Quarterly Close-outs to encourage our membership to timely submit complete and accurate data.
- In 2007, following the success of our Paperless Initiative, we transitioned to an entirely paperless data submission process. Today 90% of our members submit data on-line, while another 10% submit electronic data files to the Data Center.
- In 2007, we began managing the CPeTS database.
- In 2007, we also released the first on-line version of the 2006 CCS Supplemental Form and unveiled a new and improved format of the Annual CCS Report for 2006.
- In 2008, in consultation with the CPeTS Executive Committee, we reorganized the annual Data Trainings to encourage improved collaboration between the CPQCC Data Teams and the Transport Teams.
- Since 2009, we have stream-lined the 2008, 2009 and 2010 Data Finalization processes by finalizing the entire CPQCC Network Database by June 15, 2009, June 14, 2010, and June 14, 2011 respectively. As a result, the CCS Reports were delivered to CCS two months ahead of schedule, and the finalized CPQCC Annual Report was released on-line by mid-July.
- Since 2009, we have initiated a Superstar Center Award to recognize Centers who put forth extra effort to complete the April 1st deliverables two weeks prior to the deadline. For the 2008 data finalization, 60 qualified out of 127 Centers. For the 2009 data finalization, 49 qualified out of 129 Centers. And for the 2010 data finalization, 44 qualified out of 129 Centers. Congratulations to all of the Superstar Centers!
- In 2011, we initiated the Early Bird Recognition Award to recognize the dedication of Data Contacts to submit all of the April 1st and June 1st deliverables, as well as, to confirm their CCS Report by June 2nd. For the 2010 data finalization, 86 qualified out of 129 Centers. Congratulations to all of the Early Bird Centers!
- In consultation with Health Information Solutions and our Data Contacts, we continue to release upgrades to our real-time data management system at www.cpqccdata.org and to our real-time report site at www.cpqccreport.org.